- The scene where Zed (Sean Connery) and Consuella (Charlotte Rampling) turn into skeletons had to be shot three times. The first time, the film was damaged, and the second time, a studio helper accidentally exposed the negatives. Connery and Rampling were extremely annoyed, because of the time they had to spend having make-up done.
- DIRCAMEO:(John Boorman) the slave forced into farming and shot by Sean Connery
- To help keep the movie cost down, Sean Connery used his own car and drove himself during the production. John Boorman then gave him half the money that had been budgeted to hire him a car and driver.
- Zed's revolver is a Webley Fosbery.
- The exterior shots at the very opening of the movie were taken right next to director John Boorman's house in Ireland.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute