- 'McQueen, Steve' and Barbra Streisand were tentatively cast, but the two did not get along. Clint Eastwood later took over production after McQueen backed out.
- The "capitol building" used in the climax of the film is actually Symphony Hall in downtown Phoenix.
- The yellow passenger jet at McCarran Airport is from the now-defunct airline Hughes Airwest, a.k.a. "The Flying Banana."
- The cave that Eastwood and Locke spend the night in, is actually a landmark called "Hole in the Rock" in Papago Park, Phoenix, Arizona.
- More than 8,000 rounds were used for the climactic shootout scene.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute